Review by Catherine Austin Fitts
Thrive is a documentary invitation to a website and a conversation about what it will take for us to thrive. It is:
- A formidable intellectual achievement. It builds the most coherent and powerful presentation yet on what is happening globally and what we can do about it. The film is beautifully shot and scored – a highly professional creation representing the contributions of a many talented artists, musicians and technologists.
- An extraordinary act of personal courage and generosity. The creators of Thrive have made a globally significant contribution at great personal expense and risk. Their leadership in doing so is inspiring. Once you watch Thrive you will never again say “Why is no one doing anything?” Indeed, through the film you are introduced to many people who are doing plenty.
Foster Gamble wrote and narrates Thrive. Kimberly Carter Gamble, his wife, is its director and producer. The Gambles have gathered a remarkable team to research, film and edit this highly professional two-hour documentary and build the rich Thrive website, which is full of supporting documentation and inspiring ideas for taking action.
Thrive first covers the question of why we as a society are not thriving. Foster Gamble walks us through the power and possibilities of energy and other suppressed technologies and the costs to us of maintaining a banking and corporate system that increasingly consolidates political and economic power. The film pulls no punches. It is not constrained by the boundaries of what is “socially acceptable” to discuss.
Then, the focus shifts to solutions that we can take individually and collectively. The website is chock full of information on potential solutions and success stories that help us move to personal action. It is organized in various areas of interest so we can dive in to get involved in the area that is our personal passion.
I must confess my bias in support of this documentary. As far back as 2006, I shared my thoughts on film with Kimberly and Foster. Selections of that are included in the film. Since then, I have stayed in touch with the Gambles and gotten to know them and many people that have been instrumental in making this film happen. These are people whom I admire, respect and love. I am vested in doing whatever I can to contribute to the success of Thrive and the conversation that will surely follow.
- Join the conversation at: thrivemovement.com
- Instant streaming rental $5.
- You can buy the DVD for $20.
- We love the idea of hosting a Thrive party.
Talk about a great way to start a conversation with your neighbors.
Please don’t miss this one. Truly, you deserve to thrive!
Full review at the blog.