Financial Permaculture: Greening a Rural American Community
October 24-28, 2008
Attend this 5-day regenerative business and community development course and design simulation with the citizens of Hohenwald, Tennessee.
Engage in this participatory event to develop and prototype the tools and skills you’ll need to launch regenerative businesses or encourage localized investment in your community.
The course and design simulation will be guided by leading sustainabilty entrepreneurs:
- Catherine Austin Fitts, investment advisor, founder of Solari, Inc
- Andy Langford, permaculture designer and cofounder of Gaia University
- Liora Adler, bioregional and community facilitator guru and cofounder of Gaia University
- Albert Bates, ecovillage, peak oil and climate guru and founder of Global Village Institute
- Jennifer Dauksha-English, permaculture designer and founder of Center for Holistic Ecology
- Greg Landua, permaculture designer and director of Ecovillage Training Center
- Thomas Hupp, ecoentrepreneur and founder of The Leadership School
- Luke Staengl – expert in the areas of biomass and ethanol, president of Pesco-Beam
You will learn to: Map the financial ecosystem of a rural community start and finance a regenerative business, attract and engage with local investors
You will be part of: Designing a business plan, including: permaculture design legal structure financing plan pitching the plan to the local banking and business community.
Throughout, you will integrate amazing insights on communication and collaboration:
- Across cultures
- Across disciplines
- Across generations
Who Should Attend: The course is open to students, entrepreneurs, green business owners, bankers, philanthropists, investors, permaculture designers, community organizers, social entrepreneurs, attorneys, financial planners, accountants and local officials. While Permaculture is not a prerequisite, there will be a recommended reading list for the event.
Tuition: $500 if you sign up and pay in full by September 24, 2008. After that date there is a price increase to $750. Send in a $100 deposit to lock in your reduced rate.
Tuition includes: 5-day event and lunch Friday-Tuesday.
You can send deposit and payment to: Center for Holistic Ecology Memo: Financial Permaculture Event, PO Box 451 Hohenwald, TN 38462
We do accept credit cards but require a 3% processing charge.
For further information:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (888) 878-2434, Ext 2
Deposit is nonrefundable after September 24 and prior to that date 80% of payment is refundable. The course begins 10 am Friday, October 24 and ends 4 pm October 28. Once registered we will send you a confirmation email packet that will include transportation, lodging and meal recommendations and answers to frequently asked questions.
Register online HERE
Also see: The Farm Blog